UFC Vegas 42 Weigh-in Results and Video: Two fighters miss weight
The athletes competing on Saturday’s UFC Vegas 42 fight card at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas will officially weighed in Friday morning.
The 11-bout fight card is headlined by a featherweight match between former champion Max Holloway and No. 3 ranked Yair Rodriguez. Rodriguez was the first fighter to step on the scale and weighed in at 145.5 pounds. Holloway came in at an even 146.
Holloway (22-6) rebounded from back-to-back losses to champion Alexander Volkanovski in his last outing with a dominating performance against Calvin Kattar. Rodriguez (13-2, 1 NC) last fought in October 2019 and looks to earn a title shot with a win over the former champion.
Two fighters missed weight on Friday. Liana Jojua came in 2.5 pounds heavy for her women’s flyweight bout against Cortney Casey. Joel Alvarez failed to make weight for his lightweight bout against Thiago Moises tipping the scales 1.5 pound over the allotted limit. Both fighters were forced to relinquish 30% of their fight purses.
UFC Vegas 42 Live Weigh-in Video:
(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube)
Max Holloway has a lot of options if he gets past Yair Rodriguez on Saturday | Video
UFC Vegas 42 Official Weigh-in Results:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Max Holloway (146) vs. Yair Rodriguez (145.5)
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima (259) vs. Ben Rothwell (265)
- Leah Letson (145) vs. Felicia Spencer (145.5)
- Miguel Baeza (170.5) vs. Khaos Williams (169)
- Julio Arce (135.5) vs. Song Yadong (135.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 1 p.m. ET)
- Joel Alvarez (157.5)* vs. Thiago Moises (155)
- Cynthia Calvillo (126) vs. Andrea Lee (125.5)
- Collin Anglin (146) vs. Sean Woodson (145.5)
- Cortney Casey (125) vs. Liana Jojua (128.5)*
- Rafael Alves (155) vs. Marc Diakiese (156)
- Da Un Jung (204.5) vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu (205)
Posted from Source