UFC Vegas 42 went down today (Sat. November 13, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Max Holloway and Yair Rodríguez in a featherweight bout.
The co-headliner saw a heavyweight bout between Ben Rothwell and Marcos Rogério de Lima. Leah Letson vs. Felicia Spencer in a women’s featherweight fight, Miguel Baeza vs. Khaos Williams in a welterweight bout, and Julio Arce vs. Song Yadong in a bantamweight bout finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 42 results below:
Julio Arce vs. Song Yadong
Yadong came out aggressive and was pressing the action. He later backed off as Arce started putting together combos. In the second round, things came to a close as Song caught him with a head kick then unleashed with strikes until Herb Dean pulled him off.
Miguel Baeza vs. Khaos Williams
They had a fun first round. Williams started to let his hands go towards the end. Williams caught a kick and took him down so Miguel went for a knee bar then a heel hook. Williams was landing some big shots from this position. Williams started putting combos together in the second round while Baeza was trying to match his output. Williams did knee him in the nuts while clinching. Baeza was giving him problems with leg kicks. In the third round, Khaos shut the lights out with a right hook.
Leah Letson vs. Felicia Spencer
Spencer came out aggressively to clinch with her and get a takedown, but Letson was throwing hands and trying her best to prevent it. Spencer matched the output of strikes. The second round saw Spencer once again come out and clinched with her. She was landing at will until she got a takedown and took her back in just 30 seconds in the round. Letson got back to her feet. Spencer once again clinched with her. Spencer got another takedown near the end of the round, but Letson got up. Another takedown by Spencer. The beatdown continued in the third round. Spencer got a takedown then Letson got up and Spencer continued to punch her in the face. Letson was a bloody mess at the end, which came with about a minute to go after Spencer rained down strikes from top position.
Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Ben Rothwell
This one didn’t last long as Marcos came out firing. He tagged Ben up against the fence and while Rothwell tried to fire back, Marcos connected and sent Rothwell falling. It only lasted 32-seconds.
Max Holloway vs. Yair Rodriguez
Yair caught him with a combo early and Holloway fired back with a right cross. Yair caught him with a front face kick then started using leg kicks. Yair got him with a kick then a combo. Holloway fired back and stunned him with a combo of his own. Yair was bleeding from his left cheek. Yair clinched him with him and took him down, but Max got up. It happened again. In the second round, Yair went to the body and Max had a red mark on his ribcage. Max backed him up against the fence and fired away. Max clinched and landed some knee strikes. The third round saw Max drop him then got on top and rained down strikes until he went for submission, but let go. Max was in full mount to do more damage. Max got back mount while Yair tried to scramble and that he did. Yair got up and took Max down, but Max got up. Holloway got a late round takedown. In round four, Holloway got a guillotine choke locked in to start the fourth round. Yair fell down and Max got on top of him. Yair got to his feet. In the fifth round, Holloway didn’t take his foot off the gas pedal. He continued to move forward although Yair was landing as well. Yair slipped and Max got on top where he rained down some more strikes. In the end, Holloway got the decision win.
Quick UFC Vegas 42 Results
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 1 p.m. ET)
- Light heavyweight bout: Da Un Jung def. Kennedy Nzechukwu by knockout (elbows) at 3:04 of Round 1
- Lightweight bout: Rafael Alves def. Marc Diakiese by submission (guillotine choke) at 1:48 of Round 1
- Women’s flyweight bout: Cortney Casey def. Liana Jojua by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Featherweight bout: Sean Woodson def. Collin Anglin by TKO (punches) at 4:30 of Round 1
- Women’s flyweight bout: Andrea Lee def. Cynthia Calvillo by TKO (referee stoppage) at 5:00 of Round 2
- Lightweight bout: Joel Alvarez def. Thiago Moises by TKO (strikes) at 3:01 of Round 1
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 1 p.m. ET)
- Bantamweight bout: Song Yadong def. Julio Arce by TKO (punches) at 1:35 of Round 2
- Welterweight bout: Khaos Williams def. Miguel Baeza by TKO (punches) at 1:02 of Round 3
- Women’s featherweight bout: Felicia Spencer def. Leah Letson by TKO (punches) at 4:25 of Round 3
- Heavyweight bout: Marcos Rogerio de Lima def. Ben Rothwell by TKO (punches) at :32 of Round 1
- Featherweight bout: Max Holloway def. Yair Rodriguez by unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46)
Posted from Source